Sunday, June 17, 2018

Friday, June 15 - Gabe

Today I didn't go to school because Florian's family had a funeral for their grandma, his mom's mom.  We drove up to Mainz early to meet up with his uncle and grandfather.  His grandfather used to be an English teacher so he liked talking to me in English about my experiences here and in America. 

The funeral was an uncomfortable scene for me so I instead sat at the restaurant that we were gathering at afterwards.  During the lunch gathering I met a lot of cool people in Florian's family.  When it started to wind down, Flo took me to a free zoo that you could walk by and see different animals living in massive forest scenery.  I saw tons of deer, sheep, and even rabbits.  Flo also took me around an awesome park that had a lot of cool sculptures and old architecture.  Towards the end of the day we traveled to Marburg where we met up with friends of Flo's parents who are from American and we ate dinner at a small Italian diner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment