Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Tuesday, June 5 - Hannah

Hello this is Hannah!  :) My parnter is Mona Janson and we had a very fun filled and busy day!  We started off by going to school.  Today was my first day since Mona had a test yesterday.  I got to see how the German school system works.  I thought it as very interseting that the teachers switch classrooms instead of the students.  After school the Gappies grabbed lunch and headed down to the schwimmbad (swimming pool).  We all had a great time playing volleyball and swimming!  I felt like I got to know a lot of the Germans better and I am glad that we were able to hang out.  One of my favorite moments from the schwimmbad would have to be either Drew falling over when trying to spike the volleyball or my sad attempts at dunking.

After swimming Mona, Ina (her mom), and I took a tour of the historic buildings in Blieskastel.  One thing I learned is that when the French came to Blieskastel, they destroyed the castle by taking out metal bars that held the wall and the floors of the house together. After the castle was destroyed, the people used the stones to build their houses.  One of my favorite moments was after dinner when Ina showed me her dance that she does with her students for the nursing home.  The dance was to the song (Talk Dirty by JasonD) and she even included the "break the stick" dance!  Needless to say I was literally on the floor crying because I was laughing so hard.  Today was a busy but exciting day for me and I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings :).


No comments:

Post a Comment