Thursday, June 14, 2018

Wednesday, June 13: Zoe

Today was a pretty basic day, which was nice after a long week of traveling, sightseeing and adjusting to culture.  Now that I have seen more of Germany and Europe, I can conclusively declare that Europe is BEAUTIFUL.  The full effect of the dancing sunshine, rolling hills, and historical buildings cannot be accurately captured in any photo that I have taken. 

School was normal, Latin, Biology and German.  It is interesting to meet each new teachers as we switch classes in Gymnasium.  For the most part, classes are boring.  The teachers speak too fast to understand and the students discuss topics unknown to Americans.  Mostly, we pass the time by playing silent games (MASH), reading or writing.  My favorite past time, however, is playing trivia games and/or gossiping with other students.  It is so fun to learn about the quirks of both American and German culture.  We laugh a lot and share embarrassing/cute moments of discovery.

After school, I met yet another member of Pauline's family, her cousin, Julian. I feel as if I am part of the family now.  Everyone is so inviting and interested in the exchange.  They even make jokes about and around me.  For example, after being told the GAPP group will be going bowling tonight, Julian said, "Bowling, how boring.  You should go drinking."  I completely understood him and laughed along with the rest of the family. 

Thirteen members of GAPP went bowling; we laughed at our inability to hit more than 7 pins at a time and ate ice cream for the billionth time since arriving in Germany.  Everyone gets along so well in GAPP, and we all really enjoy each other's company.  It will be a harsh goodbye when the time comes. 

I think I blog again on Friday, so

bis spaeter!

No comments:

Post a Comment