Saturday, June 2, 2018

Arrival Day - Emma

Today we woke up on the flight.  Our plane arrived in Frankfort at 13:50 and when we got off the flight we went through customs and baggage check and then found a place to sit down near the train station.  We all went and checked our debit cards to make sure we could withdraw money.  Then we took our bags to the train station and went to find food before the train arrived.  Kira and I went to a bakery and bought chocolate brotchen and pretzels.

Our train ride took us a few hours and I enjoyed looking through the window at seeing the German countryside and small towns.  The most exciting part was meeting our German partners at the train station when we stopped.  My partner Nalie and her dad picked me up and took me to their home in Blieskastel where I met her mother and her brother.  They gave me a house tour and spaghetti for dinner.  Their house is really cool inside and out and I learned that the town is too when Nalie took me on a tour around the town after dinner.   Exhausted, I went to bed at 9:30 to be ready for exciting days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment