Monday, June 4, 2018

Monday, June 4 - Kat

Today we had our first day of school.  I woke up precisely at 6:30  and proceeded to get ready.  I had a chocolate muffin for breakfast and then we walked to Marita's (Kira's partner) house and we got a ride to school from her dad.  I had German, French, English and Theatre classes.  We also went on a tour of the school and Frau Schafer showed us all of the buildings and explained to us about the town and the castle.  After school we went to a meeting with the mayor of Blieskastel and she told us more about the town and that she was glad their gymnasium and our high school can have this partnership. In addition to this, she also understood our tiredness and jet lag as she had just returned from New York herself.  She and some other ladies gave us some "snail" bread, sparkling water and 2 souvenir pins and then sent us off to enjoy the rest of our day.

Sophie and I went home and ate lunch then I decided I needed to shower and take a nap.  After my nap I went to Sophie's dance class with her where she taught hip hop to younger kids.  They asked me lots of questions and some I didn't understand but I tried my best.  For dinner we had bread and it was good.  To finish off my first school day in Germany I decided to curl up in bed and read a book.

Although I couldn't understand most of what they were saying, I tried my hardest and my brain was overwhelmed.  With the beginning of the week done, I am looking forward to what Germany is going to teach me.

No comments:

Post a Comment