Sunday, June 3, 2018

Saturday/Sunday : Frau S & Melissa

Greetings from Sunny Germany!  Today, we are blogging from our deck and enjoying the view of nature. 

We arrived safely on Saturday afternoon at 2:00 PM local time, tired but excited.  After a few anxious moments waiting for border and passport control (Frau, do I need my yellow folder?  What should I say to them?), the Bundespolizei wished me a good trip with 14 teens, after I told him "yes, all of the kids in line behind me are with me".  We tested our debit cards to make sure they worked and then found the train station in the airport. 
After that, I (Frau S) played "suitcase patrol" while everyone else went to get snacks and drinks for the train ride. 
Our "Gepaeck"
 
1st Broetchen of the trip!
Cranky Frau made a brief appearance after a group of kids didn't get back to the train platform at the announced time but luckily the train had a 5 minute delay.  Many of us stood for several stations until there were enough seats to sit down (the regional express doesn't allow for seat reservations, but that won't happen on the way to Salzburg and Muenchen, as we already have our seats reserved).  Everyone was very excited to see their host families waiting for them on the platform, so much so that other people on the train thought it was funny they were so excited. We were in the first train carriage and went right past them, so our German hosts scurried down the platform to meet us. 

We sent the kids off with their families for the evening and will see them again shortly at the Welcome Barbecue where we will hear all about their first night on their homestay.  Stay tuned for more posts from the kiddos!

Bis bald!

1 comment:

  1. I love your view! So peaceful and serene.

    14 American giggly teenagers....I bet they were hilarious to watch.

    ReplyDelete