Friday, June 22, 2018

Thursday, June 21: Kira (Farewell Abend)

Thursday morning we went to school and practiced for our "talent" show that night and then I went to go play a game for the last lesson of the day.  We played a game from France where you had to throw a big ball as close to a smaller ball as you can.  My team lost but it was really fun!

(NB from Frau S:  today was "Wandertag" at school, so there were no classes.  Each class decided with their form (homeroom teachers) what they were going to do for the day.  Frau Buhr's 7th grade decided to hike and then get ice cream after, the 5th graders were playing group games such as tug-o-war and blind man's bluff, the 10th grade was learning how to play boules).

Bettkastel 2018!


Later that night, we had our goodbye party.  We had Emma singing "Riptide", the Spice Girls, Drew sang "Demons", Peter played guitar, Gabe sang "A Whole New World", Emma and Drew sang a duet and then our group dance.  Everyone did really well and the Germans loved it!  We also had a fingerfood buffet and gave our host moms flowers and just hung out talking about the trip.  It was bittersweet because it was so much fun but it reminded us we have to say goodbye in a couple of days.

I am definitely going to miss my host family, more than I thought I would, but I am excited for travel week!

No comments:

Post a Comment