Sunday, June 3, 2018

Sunday, June 3 - Gabe

Today was the first full day in Germany.  I woke up and had a nice German breakfast full of bread, coffee, cheese, and other spreads.  After breakfast Florian gave me a tour of Blieskastel.  I recorded a lot of beautiful scenery with my Go-Pro and got familiar with the town.. After the walk I got my first vegetarian Doener from the local Doener shop and it was really yummy and filled with cabbage. After that we had a barbecue with all of the GAPPies at a lake.  We got to meet all of the Germans and their families.  I vlogged the whole party and will hopefully edit the video for everyone.  Then I got dared to eat watermelon rinds, and we all bonded over my stupidity.  We then sat by the lake and talked for a while and Sebastian and Florian swam across.  It was a good way to start off the homestay.

No comments:

Post a Comment